Before you book...General Policies for all session types
When you book a session with Lincoln Photography, you are agreeing to policies below.
All of my rates are listed in the top menu, left side.
Please note that the deposit is non-refundable since it guarantees your date and makes it unavailable to other clients. You will be prompted to place your deposit in the link above, after choosing your session date and time.
PHOTO DELIVERY - How do I get my photos?
I deliver all photos in an easy to use online gallery. It is password protected. You will receive a link and password via email when your photos are ready, along with instructions on viewing, downloading, sharing, printing, etc.
Photos are delivered as retouched, high res jpeg files. Final galleries are jpegs that you can download as high res files. Proof galleries (applicable to headshots and individual portraits only) are low res jpeg images and cannot be downloaded. Raw (.crw) files are not sold or provided for download. Unretouched "original" files from any session are not sold or made available for download. Photos are not delivered via Dropbox, USB, or CD.
I hold sessions throughout the entire DMV region. The most popular spots are of course around DC (details on that will be in your booking emails from me). The only other possible fee is for travel outside DC and non-metro accessible locations:
- If your location is not metro-accessible, the round-trip taxi or train fare will be added to the total.
- If your location is over 50 minutes away, a $50/hour travel fee applies (one way only).
TURNAROUND TIME - When can I expect my photos?
Engagement, Proposals, Couple's Portraits, and
Family Sessions (including maternity, newborn, 6-month, first birthday, and family portraits)
Your final gallery will be ready 14 days after session date.
You will receive a preview within the week following your session (whether it was 45 minutes or an hour). That means in the 7 days after your session, you’ll receive 2-3 photos for immediate sharing. For 2-hour sessions, the turnaround time is 18 days.
ALL wedding clients will receive a preview within the week following wedding.
Hour-long (elopement) weddings - 3 weeks to receive your high res gallery.
Please estimate 10 days per hour booked for your photos to be processed, retouched, and made ready for uploading. For example, a 6-hour wedding will take 8-10 weeks to complete. An 8-hour wedding will take 10-12 weeks to complete.
Headshots & Portraits*
- Mini Headshot Session - 3 days after session date for the proof gallery to be posted, 2 days after you make your selection for final photo to be emailed back.
- Full Headshot Session - 5 days after session date for the proof gallery to be posted, 4-5 days after you make your selection for final gallery to be posted.
- Studio Portraits - 7 days after session date for proof gallery, 7 days after you choose your photos for your final gallery
- Environmental Portraits - 7 days after session date for proof gallery, 7 days after you choose your photos for your final gallery.
- Dating Profile Photos - 7 days after session date for proof gallery, 7 days after you choose your photos for final gallery
Need your headshot, portrait, or gallery sooner? I offer Rush options. Please inquire.
*If you send me your selected photo(s) within 48 hours, I can guarantee a normal, speedy turnaround time (as listed above). If you send me your selected photo(s) after that period, it may take 3-5 weeks to receive your photos.
RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATIONS
Rescheduling - Weather Related
I automatically reschedule at no additional cost if the weather forecast shows a 30% chance or more of rain by 6pm one day prior to the scheduled session. The same goes for blizzards, of course!
If you only have one day for the photos and cannot reschedule, we’ll discuss a few alternative indoor locations and make it work!
If you decide to hold the session outdoors with a 30%+ chance of rain, with a nearby indoor location as a backup plan, the session cannot be extended beyond the originally agreed upon ending time, and the session fee will not be reimbursed.
Rescheduling - "Something came up!"
Life happens, I completely understand! Please email me as soon as you know you won't make it to the session.
If you find out the day of that you can't make it, you must notify me at least 3 hours prior to your session via text message or email (202-821-6072, RL@RLincoln.com), otherwise the deposit is forfeited.
There is a $15 rescheduling fee applicable to all sessions and all non-weather related rescheduling, and you can just bring cash to your session. You must reschedule your session to take place within 2 months from the originally scheduled date. After that, the deposit is forfeited and a new deposit must be made to schedule a session. Availability may be limited, but not impossible. We will find something that works for you!
Please note that in order to accommodate all of my clients, I can only allow one rescheduling request. If you end up needing to reschedule a second time, you will need to pay a new deposit.
- If you are unable to find a future date that works for you, I’m sorry to hear we won’t be working together :( Please email me as soon as possible notifying me of your cancellation.
- Please note that the deposit is non-refundable as it guaranteed your originally scheduled date and made it unavailable to other clients. If you cancel, then change your mind, the above rescheduling policy applies.
- All sessions start and end at the originally scheduled time. If you arrive late, even if you text me while you’re on your way, the session time cannot be extended. We’ll still get lots of good shots, but there will be less photos than if we did a full session length, and that’s no fun!
- Please make appropriate considerations for getting ready, traffic, finding parking + walking, nap time, feedings, hair and makeup, etc, when preparing for your session.
- National Mall sessions - parking at the National Mall is difficult. If you’re going to drive, please plan to arrive 45 minutes early to your session to allow time to find parking and walk to our meeting spot. If you metro, plan for an extra 30 minutes in case of train delays.
- Text me at 202-821-6072 as soon as you know of any delays, no matter how small.
Many private parks and even public areas around DC require a permit. It is the client's responsibility to apply for and cover any costs related to the permit. Most locations have their photography regulations their website.